Attleboro Public Schools
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Monday, February 27, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m.
Frances Zito Conference Room 178E - AHS
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
Spotlight Event: Studley Elementary School: Joanne DiPalma, Principal
Student Advisory Council Presentation: Ally DeRose
Approval of Minutes: 01-23-17
1. Motion to accept a donation of eight sections of 11-foot retractable belt sanctions from Attleboro Youth Basketball valued at $543.78 for the Attleboro High Gymnasium.
2. Motion to accept the donation of two mobile storage units with an estimated value of $500 from Kevin Cryan of Cryan Landscaping to the CTE Automotive Technology Program.
3. Motion to accept a donation of 12 1- inch LCD Panel Monitors with an estimated total value of $600 ($50/monitor) from Mr. Michael Lortos of Attleboro to Coelho to be used by students in the classrooms.
4. Motion to accept a donation of 13 cases of Hammerhill Tidal MP 8 ½ x 14 paper ($949) and 8 cases of Hammerhill Tidal MP 11 x 17 paper (($504) with an approximate value of $1,452 to the Copy Center from Harvard Bioscience Inc of Holliston MA.
5. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $6,000 from the Feinstein Foundation broken in the Memorandum dated February 22, 2017.
6. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $600 from Mayor Dumas to the 12 Plus Program at the High School to assist with the cost of YMCA Membership Fees for this Program.
7. Motion to accept a donation for a total amount of $1,125.03 (Check #337: $562.51 and Check #338: $562.51) from Mark Cooper to the Attleboro Public Schools for educational needs.
8. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $90.00 from BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. to the Brennan gifts/donation line.
9. Pursuant to the 2016/17 LaPrade Studio Contract Subsection 2: Motion to approve $19,217.49 which is equal to 20% of the net sales from the underclassman photographs to directly benefit the students of the school broken down in the Memorandum dated February 6, 2017.
1. Grant Approval: Pursuant to Policy DD: Funding Proposals and Applications: Laurie Regan, Assistant Superintendent
· Motion to approve the Attleboro Cultural Council Grant Award;
· Motion to approve the grant check in the amount of $1,000 from the Attleboro Cultural Council to Attleboro Public Schools to be used as defined in DD-E1:
2. New Superintendent Induction Program Update: David Sawyer, Superintendent
3. Camp Ramsbottom – Request to Drop Off / Pick Up: Marc Furtado, Director of Finance/Controller
· Motion to allow Camp Ramsbottom to use Attleboro High School parking lot as a pick-up and drop-off site for the summer camp from June 26th through August 18th:
4. Memorandum of Agreement – Tri-County Regional Technical: Stephen Withers, Jr., Chairman
· Motion to approve the proposed Memorandum of Agreement between Tri County Regional School District and Attleboro Public School District Committee for the 2017-18 School Year:
Policy and Personnel: Subcommittee Chairperson, Laurie Scales will report on the Meetings held on January 30th and February 7th:
Motion to approve the following Policies and/or Exhibits as presented:
· ADDA: Criminal Offender Record Information (C.O.R.I.) Requirements
· ADDA-R: C.O.R.I Requirements:
· ADDA-E: Criminal Offender Record Information (C.O.R.I.) Requirements:
· ADC: Tobacco Products on School Premises:
· GBEC: Drug-Free Workplace
· GBED: Tobacco Use on School Property by Students
· IJOA-E2: Exhibits Forms
o Community Field Trip
o Day Field Trip Form
o Overnight/International Field Trip Form
· IJOA-E3: Exhibit Forms
o Day Field Trip Medical Delegation Form
o Medical Form for Students Overnight
o Parent Responsibility Delegation Permission for Overnight/International Form
Motion to remove the following IJOA-E3: Current Obsolete/Outdated Exhibits from the Binder:
· Authorization for Medication
· List of Medical Forms
· Medication Authorization for a Short Trip
· Over-the-Counter Medication Protocol
· Parent Authorization
· Parent Letter
Motion to approve the following updated policies:
· JJH: Student Late Night or Overnight Travel
· JJH-R: Student Travel Regulations:
Motion to approve: Policy: KFB-R3: Community Use of the AHS Track as presented:
Motion to remove the obsolete/outdated Policy Exhibit ADC-E: Memorandum of Understanding between ASD and the Health Department/Tobacco Control:
Motion to remove the following policies from the APS Policy Binder:
· Policy EGD: Acceptable Use of the Internet:
· Policy IJNDA: Acceptable Use of the Internet:
· Policy AHAJA: Acceptable Use of the Internet:
Motion to approve MASC Policy IJND: Access to Digital Resources with edits:
Motion to approve MASC Policy: IJNDB: Empowered Digital Use Policy as presented:
Motion to approve MASC Policy: IJNDC: Internet Publications as presented:
Motion to approve Policy IJOA: Field Trip Policy:
Motion to approve Policy Exhibit IJOA-E1: Consent and Release Form:
Motion to remove Policy Regulation IJOA-R: Administrative Guidelines for Field Trips from the Policy Binder:
Teaching and Learning: Subcommittee Chairman, David Quinn, will report on the Meeting held on February 6th.
Finance and Budget: Subcommittee Chairman, Bill Larson, will report on the Meeting held on February 8th. The following Motion was brought forward:
· Motion to approve the budget transfer in the amount of $400,000 requested by the Director of Finance/Controller, Marc Furtado:
Infrastructure and Facilities: Subcommittee Chairman, Michael Tyler, will report on the Meeting held on February 15th.
Printable PDF Version of the Agenda
The mission of the Attleboro Public Schools is to develop and deliver relevant learning experiences that engage, challenge, and inspire all students to maximize their unique potential and improve our world.