School Committee Agenda
Attleboro Public Schools
School Committee Meeting
Monday, March 10, 2014 @ 7:00 p.m.
School Committee Conference Room - Attleboro High School
The meeting of the Attleboro School Committee will be preceded by a meeting of the Student Advisory Council in the AHS Principal’s Office at 5:30pm and a walk-through of the William F. Dentch Natatorium repair project at 6:40pm.
Pledge of Allegiance
Notice of Electronic Recording
1. Emerging Young Artists Invitational Exhibition @ UMass for Anthology of Animation Project:
2. Build Our Kids Success (BOKS):
Jeffrey Cateon, Willett Elementary School Principal and Barbara Sierota, Willett Elementary School Parent
Approval of Minutes: 02-10-14; 02-24-14
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $500 from Reebok for Kids Foundation to the Thacher Elementary School gifts/donation line
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $490 from Commemorative Brands, Inc./Balfour Rings to the Class of 2016 gifts/donation line at Attleboro High School.
- Pursuant to MGL 53A ½ a motion to accept and forward to the Municipal Council for approval acceptance of the following tangible property items from Bosch Tool Company for the Plumbing Program at Attleboro High School: four (4) DDH181 18V Brute Tough Drills; three (3) 18V Reciprocating saws; and three (3) 18V Jig Saws with a total estimated value of $2,687.44
- Motion to approve the Field Trip Proposal for Grade 8 Students at Brennan Middle School to attend High Meadows on June 17, 2014
- Motion to approve the Field Study Proposal for 20 Grade 9-12 students to attend the National High School Cheerleading Championship in Orlando, Florida from March 28-31, 2014.
Around Attleboro: Spotlight Events: Brandon Clark, Student Representative to the School Committee
- Overview of the budget process and projected timeline: Tom Rose, Business Manager
- Recap of Reading Day at Studley Elementary School: Lori Scales, Vice Chairperson
- William F. Dentch Natatorium repair project update: Tom Rose, Business Manager
- AHS Flagship Task Force Update: Bill Runey, Principal
- Personnel Report: Dave Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
- Recap of the Student Advisory Council meeting: Brandon Clark, Student Representative
Subcommittee Committee Reports
Curriculum and Instruction Sub-Committee
- The next meeting will be held on 03-11-14 @ 6:30 p.m. at which discussion is anticipated on global education programs being explored at Attleboro High School, the work being done through the Attleboro Evening Diploma Program, and the FY15 district calendar.
- The next meeting will be held on 03-12-14 @ 7:00 pm at which discussion is anticipated on the revisions being recommended for the 2014 – 2015 student handbooks. Discussion is also anticipated on School Committee Policies ADD and KLG, related to emergency communications and protocols.
Finance, Facilities and Procurement Sub-Committee
- Report of subcommittee meeting held on 03-05-14:
- A motion to approve a budget transfer of $16,325.31 as requested by the Business Manager (4:0:0)
- A motion to approve a budget transfer of $330.00 as requested by the Business Manager (4:0:0)
- A motion to approve a request from the Boys & Girls Club of Pawtucket to use the Attleboro High School parking lot as a pick-up and drop off site for Camp Ramsbottom (4:0:0)
- A motion to approve the Transportation Report, dated February 28, 2014, and transmit said report to the Municipal Council (4:00)
2. The next meeting of the Finance, Facilities, and Procurement Subcommittee will be held on 04-16-14 @ 7:00 p.m.