School Committee Agenda
Attleboro Public Schools
School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
- AHS Cheerleaders: National Champions: Coach Natalie Ferrara
- AHS Gymnastic Team: Hockomock Champions: Head Coach Richard Seibert
Reminder and Promotion:
- Dr. Marisa McCarthy, Director of Special Education and Student Support Services and Joan DeAngelis, Director of Student Support Services will highlight the following event in the Attleboro School District:
- Talking Through Challenging Times – Thursday, May 1, 2014 at Brennan Middle School
Around Attleboro - Spotlight Events:
Presented by Maxwell Lancaster, SAC Representative to the School Committee.
1. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $500 from the Rebeckha Lynn Whitefield Scholarship Fund to the Class of 2014 senior dues line at Attleboro High School.
2. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $3900 from Bill Larson to Attleboro High School to be used for whatever is best for AHS.
3. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $3621.02 from Lifetouch to the Class of 2014.
- Personnel Report: David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
- School Improvement Plan: Middle Schools: Karen Saltzman, Principal – BMS; Andy Boles, Principal – CMS; and Karol Coffin, Principal – WMS
- Technology Overview Presentation: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent; David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent.
- Preliminary FY15 Budget Discussion: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent, David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent, Tom Rose, Business Manager
Curriculum and Instruction Sub-Committee
- The next Curriculum & Instruction Subcommittee Meeting will be held on 05-13-14 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Report on April 7th Meeting:
- Remove Tabled policies from the March 31st School Committee Meeting:
- Motion to approve the removal of the outdated web references in School Committee Policy AC: Nondiscrimination.
- Motion to remove the outdated reference to the “Dare Officer” in School Committee Policy JICFB: Anti-Bullying.
- Motion to change the references to “ILA” to “Paraprofessional” in School Committee Policies GBK; KE; and KE-E1.
2. The next Policy Subcommittee meeting will be held on 05-12-14 @ 6:30 p.m.
Finance, Facilities and Procurement Sub-Committee
- Report on the Meeting held on 04-09-14
- Motion to endorse the Memorandum of Agreement related to health insurance between the City of Attleboro, the Attleboro School Committee, and the coalition of all unions and their exclusive bargaining representatives: (4-0)
2. Budget Transfer Form Request: Tom Rose, Business Manager
3. Electricity Supply Bid: Tom Rose, Business Manager
4. The next meeting will be held on 04-16-14 @ 7:00 p.m.
Executive Session: To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with union personnel. The Committee will not return in Open Meeting.