School Committee Agenda
Attleboro Public Schools
School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
1. Peter Thacher Elementary School Principal Transition and Response to Logistical Concerns: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent; Dr. Marisa McCarthy, Director of Special Education and Student Support Services
2. NEASC Accreditation Timeline: Bill Runey, Principal
3. 2014-15 School Year Calendar: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent; David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
4. Elementary School Weekly Schedule: David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent; Joan DeAngelis, Director of Student Services
5. Personnel Report: David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
6. PARCC: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent and David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
7. FY15 Budget: Final Vote: Kenneth Sheehan, Superintendent; Tom Rose, Business Manager
8. Ad Hoc Committees: Summer 2014: David Murphy, Chairman
1. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $3,000 from the Rotary Club of Attleboro to support the renovations of the Blue Bistro Café at Attleboro High School.
2. Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $200 from the Attleboro Police Association to support the renovations of the Blue Bistro Café at Attleboro High School.
3. Motion to accept a donation of $10,000 from Sodexo supporting Blue Bistro Café renovations.
4. Motion to accept a $75 VISA Gift card for supplies for both Mrs. DeChristopher’s and Mrs. Caouette’s Kindergarten classes at Willett.
5. Pursuant to MGL 53A ½ a motion to accept and forward to City Council for approval the following tangible property item from Rigid Tools to the Plumbing program at AHS:
ï‚· One (1) Pipe Threader valued at $5500
1. JF: Residency Policy: remove from table for finalization
2. JF-E1: Proof of Residency Requirements: remove from table for finalization
To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the committee’s bargaining position. The Committee will not return in open meeting.