School Committee Agenda
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording
Open Forum: Members of the community wishing to address the Attleboro School Committee may do so at this time.
Around Attleboro Update: Jack Flynn, Student Representative to the School Committee
- Envisioning 2020 APS Strategic Planning Initiative: Final Consideration of the Proposed Comprehensive Strategic Plan
- Consideration of APS External Engagement Efforts:
Presentation on the Blue Pride Palooza event scheduled for Saturday, November 7, 2015 at the Attleboro Elks
Principal Bill Runey
Ms. Nancy Lamothe, APS Parent
Discussion on the potential goals and impact of an Attleboro Public Schools Foundation as charged by the District Strategic Plan Discussion on the potential goals and impact of an APS Standing Committee on Public Engagement as charged by the District Strategic Plan
- Consideration of previously tabled policy amendments:
a. School Committee Policy AD governing APS mission, vision, and essential beliefs.
b. School Committee Policy ADA governing APS strategic planning and district goals.
c. School Committee Policy DB governing APS annual operating budget.
d. School Committee Policy DBC governing annual operating budget timelines and schedules.
e. School Committee Policy GBGCA governing employee/student child care programs.
f. School Committee Policy GCG governing substitute designations and compensation effective July 1, 2016.
g. School Committee Policy GCG-E governing substitute pay schedules.
h. School Committee Policy JFB governing the continued enrollment at AHS of seniors who lose residency
APS Leadership Transition Update: David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent/Superintendent-elect
- Report of the Infrastructure and Facilities Subcommittee Meeting of 09-30-15: Michael Tyler, Subcommittee Chair:
- Discussion on the MSBA/AHS initiative for which a public hearing has been scheduled by the Attleboro Municipal Council for Tuesday, October 6th.
- Discussion of the APS capital improvements report required under School Committee Policy BDEE that is in the process of being developed by the APS administration and Sodexo.
- Updates on classroom furniture and technology projects.
- A motion to accept the following donated items: three cases of copy paper; four (4) white boards ($30/Board); and office supplies with an estimated value of $130 from Mark Toffling of Bank of America to Willett Elementary School.
- A motion to accept 144 decks of Gemaco playing cards with an estimated value of $2 per deck to be used for Math/Title I instruction at Willett Elementary School.
- A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $600 for use by AHS Cross Country program from the Rebeckha Lynn Whitefield Foundation.
- A motion to accept a donation of two cases and an additional eight reams of paper from an anonymous donor to Hyman Fine Elementary School.
5 - School Committee Meeting
7- Policy & Personnel Meeting
9 - Early Release; District PD
12 - No School - Columbus Day
13 - Teaching & Learning Meeting
14 - Finance & Budget Meeting
19 - School Committee Meeting
22 - AHS Financial Aid Night