School Committee Agenda
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
1. Comprehensive update on transportation services and preparations for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
2. Comprehensive update on Special Education with regard to Extended School Year (ESY) and preparations for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
3. Proposed 1% compensation increase for nonunion personnel (approximately 25 employees) amounting to an approximately $15,000 budgetary impact.
4. Consideration of proposed amendments to School Committee Policy governing Kindergarten screening.
5. Consideration of proposed amendments to School Committee Policy governing admission of children of non-resident APS staff.
6. Consideration of proposed collective bargaining agreement with the Attleboro Administrators’ Association.
7. Consideration of proposed collective bargaining agreement with the APS bus drivers’ union.
8. Preview of chairman’s quarterly update to the Attleboro Municipal Council scheduled for July 23, 2015.
9. Appointment of Superintendent Kenneth Sheehan to the Board of Directors for the Bi-County Collaborative.
10. Consideration of the contractual agreement with Bishop Feehan High School regarding use of the Dentch Natatorium.
1. A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $75.00 from Target Take Charge of Education to the Wamsutta gifts/donation line.
2. A motion to accept a donation of nine (9) high back office chairs from Sturdy Memorial Hospital to Attleboro Public Schools value to be determined.
3. A motion to declare one (1) Kimosetter as surplus as it is non-operational.
Executive Session: Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, §21(a)(2) and (3) the school committee will convene in executive session for purposes of conducting strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining as an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining position of the school committee. The school committee will not reconvene in open session.
20 - School Committee Meeting - 7:00p.m.
21 - School Committee Meeting - 7:45 p.m.
10 - School Committee Meeting
17 - School Committee Meeting
31 - School Committee Meeting
14 - School Committee Meeting
28 - School Committee Meeting