School Committee Agenda
School Committee Meeting
Saturday, June 27, 2015 @ 10:00 a.m.
10:00 am Town Hall: Members of the Attleboro School Committee, the Strategic Planning Ad Hoc Committee, and the Superintendent Interview Committee will meet with members of the public to discuss the Attleboro school system’s overarching goals (below) and the leadership characteristics necessary in the next superintendent to advance the same.
1. APS will place students at the center of all educational decisions through guided planning to achieve personalized goals.
2. APS will improve the quality of education for all students by providing learning experiences that are personalized, challenging, and have lifelong value.
3. APS will cultivate and extend community partnerships to improve outcomes for students through outreach, collaboration, and reciprocal support.
11:00 am Executive Session: Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, §21(a)(8) the Superintendent Interview Committee, appointed on June 22nd pursuant to the school committee approved superintendent selection process, will convene in executive session for purposes of considering applicants for employment for the position of superintendent.
The Mission of the Attleboro Public Schools is to develop and deliver relevant learning experiences that engage, challenge, and inspire all students to maximize their unique potential and improve our world.
Attleboro Public Schools
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Monday, June 29, 2015 @ 7:00 pm
School Committee Conference Room 178E - AHS
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
1. A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $100 from Attleboro Art Museum to the AHS gifts/donation line.
2. A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $1100 from the Attleboro Rotary Club for purposes of promoting the Attleboro school system’s new mission statement.
1. Strategic Planning Update: Overarching Goals and Developing 2015 – 2020 Objectives.
2. Appointment of assistant principals: CMS and AHS -
• AHS Assistant Principal: Ann Montagano
• CMS Assistant Principal: Kelly Chouinard
3. FY16 Budgetary Contingency Planning and Approval of Final Operating Budget Total.
4. Transportation Implementation Update: Report on preparations for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
5. Superintendent Evaluation: Proposed overall rating via the Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Model: Proficient.
6. Consideration of the school committee’s collective bargaining agreement with APS paraprofessionals.
7. Proposed uniform nonunion administrator contract.
8. Proposed uniform nonunion personnel contract.
9. Proposed policy amendments School Committee Policies BDE and BDEE: Subcommittee structure and jurisdiction.
10. School Committee Meeting Schedule July 2015 – January 2016.
Executive Session: Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, §21(a) (2) and (3) will convene in executive session for purposes of conducting strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining as an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining position of the school committee. The school committee will not reconvene in open session.
2 - School Committee Meeting - 6:45 p.m.
2 - Spotlight Meeting - AHS Class of 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
3 - Infrastructure & Facilities - 6:30 p.m.
5 - AHS Graduation - 6:00 p.m. - Tozier-Cassidy Field
8 - School Committee Meeting - 7:15 p.m. Rm. 178E
9 - Finance and Budget Meeting - 7:00 p.m. Rm. 178E
12 - Last Day of School - Kindergarten
15 - School Committee Meeting - 7:15 p.m. Rm. 178E
19 - Last Day of School - Pre-K
22 - School Committee Meeting - 7:15 p.m. Rm. 178E
25 - Early Release - AHS only
26 - Early Release - Last Day of School - Grades 1 - 11
27 - Superintendent Interview Committee - B1 Cafe - AHS 10:00 a.m.
29 - School Committee Meeting - TBD