School Committee Agenda
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Monday, June 27, 2016 @ 7:00 p.m.
Frances Zito Conference Room (AHS-178E)
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
- James Stors: Eagle Scout: Beautification Project
2016-17 Student Advisory Council Members;
- Ally DeRose
- Harry Lancaster
Approval of Minutes: 06-13-16
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $1000 from Larson Tools and Shipping Company to the AHS Best Buddies account:
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount $100 from an anonymous donor to the High School Credit Recovery Program to cover a student’s tuition.
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $10,000 from the Studley PTO to the Studley gifts/donation line to be used for educational needs/building improvements.
- Motion to accept a donation of five (5) Chromebooks with an estimated value of $180 per device from Mark and Louis Cooper on behalf of their son Cameron for classroom use to the Studley Elementary School.
- Motion to accept a donation in the amount of $500 broken down according to the Memorandum dated June 20th from Cast Incorporated.
- K-12 STEM Coordinator Introduction: David Sawyer, Superintendent
- Tri-County Agreement: Stephen K. Withers, Chairman
- Motion to approve the Agreement between the Attleboro School Committee and the Tri-County School Committee:
3. Policy EEA: Transportation: Marc Furtado, Director of Finance and Controller
- Motion to suspend the tabling of policies to meet the time constraints for the printing of the Handbooks:
- Motion to approve Policy EEA: Transportation: as presented:
4. MA Consortium for Innovative Education Assessment Resolution Grant Presentation: David Sawyer, Superintendent
5. Athletic Fees Discussion: Marc Furtado, Director of Finance/Controller
6. FY 17 Budget Update: Marc Furtado, Director of Finance/Controller
7. Proposed School Committee Meeting Schedule from July 2016 – August 2017: David Sawyer, Superintendent
8. Proposed Sub-Committee Meeting Schedule for September 2016- June 2017: David Sawyer, Superintendent
- Infrastructure and Facilities Sub-Committee June 22nd Meeting Update: Michael Tyler, Chairperson:
Executive Session: Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 21(a)(3), the School Committee will convene in Executive Session for the purpose of discussing strategies with respect to collective bargaining or litigation as an Open Meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigation position of the School Committee. The School Committee will not reconvene in Open Session.Adjournment
The mission of the Attleboro Public Schools is to develop and deliver relevant learning experiences that engage, challenge, and inspire all students to maximize their unique potential and improve our world.
1 - School Committee Spotlight
6 - Policy and Personnel Meeting
8 - Finance and Budget Meeting
13 - School Committee Meeting
22 - Infrastructure and Facilities
27 - School Committee Meeting
18 - School Committee Meeting
15 - School Committee Meeting