School Committee Agenda
Attleboro Public Schools
School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
Moment of Silence to Honor Robert Haggerty, Former Director of Vocational Education for the Attleboro School District
- A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $357.50 from Target to the Brennan Middle School gifts/donation line.
- A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $980.96 from Target to the Attleboro High School gifts/donation line.
- A motion to approve a field trip for approximately 16 Attleboro High School Student Council members to attend the MASC Leadership Conference from March 11-13, 2014 at the Conference Center at Hyannis (student funded).
- A motion to approve the recommendation of the Director of Finance/Controller on the disposition of several broken, obsolete, or otherwise unusable musical instruments from the music program at Attleboro High School through The One Man Band, Inc. musical instrument trading company.
Around Attleboro - Spotlight Events:
Presented by Tyler Stowe, Student Representative to the School Committee
- Special Education Director Search: Julienne Singer, At-Large Member/Search Committee Co-Chair and Kenneth M. Sheehan, Superintendent/Search Committee-Co-Chair:
Recommendation to appoint Dr. Linda McSweeney to the position of Director of Special Education and Support Services
- Studley Elementary School Interim Principal: Kenneth M. Sheehan, Superintendent
Appointment of Ms. Joanne DiPalma to the position of Interim Principal
- Announcement: Appointment by the Belchertown School Committee of Ms. Karol Coffin to beBelchertown Superintendent of Schools: Kenneth M. Sheehan, Superintendent
- Report on Meeting held on September 15th: Stephen Withers, Policy Chair
- Motion to approve the amendments to Policy BDC: Appointed Committee Officials as presented:
- Motion to approve the amendments to Policy DBJ: Budget Transfer Authority as presented:
- Motion to approve the amendments to Policy DGA-E: Authorization Signatures as presented
- Motion to approve the amendments to Policy DJ-E1: Purchasing Procedures as presented:
- Motion to approve the amendments to Policy JJF: Student Activity Agency Accounts as presented;
- Motion to approve the amendments to Attleboro School Line of Authority as presented.
Finance and Budget:
Report on the Meeting held on September 9th: Bill Larson, Finance and Budget Chair
- Motion to authorize the Director of Finance/Comptroller to transfer $762,000.00 from the HMO Budget Line and $190,708.00 from the Bilingual Budget Line for a total of $952,708.00 into the accounts listed on the budget transfer sheet dated September 8, 2014 and accompanying memorandum dated September 9, 2014;
- Motion to endorse the efforts by the Director of Finance/Controller to solicit quotes for repairs to the telephone system at Attleboro High School.
New/Old Business (cont.):
- Transportation Briefing: Marc Furtado, Director of Finance/Controller
- Envisioning 2020: Attleboro School Committee Strategic Planning Initiative:
Lori Scales, Vice Chairperson; David Sawyer, Assistant Superintendent
Upcoming Sub-Committee Schedule:
- Curriculum & Instruction: 09-30-14
- Finance and Budget: 10-07-14
- Infrastructure & Facilities: 10-15-14
- Policy: 10-15-14
The Attleboro School Committee will convene in executive session pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A §21(a)(2) to conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel.
School Committee Meeting - Sept. 22, 2014 @ 6:45pm
Curriculum and Instruction Meeting moved to Sept. 30, 2014