School Committee Agenda
Attleboro Public Schools
School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
Student and Staff Recognition: Best Buddies International Leadership Conference Participants:
Chapter Members: Jenna Gariepy, Eleni Dafulas; and Jennifer Larson
Advisors: Caron Heller and Hannah Clark
Approval of Minutes: 05-19-14; 05-27-14; 06-02-14; 06-12-14; 06-16-14; 06-25-14; 08-13-14
- A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $1000 from the Pub 99 Restaurant to Hyman Fine for deposit in the gifts/donation line.
- A motion to accept a donation in the amount of $1,615.05 from Ahold Financial to Attleboro High School gifts/donation line.
- A motion to declare the following non-serviceable copy machines as surplus:
- One Canon IR 7015 (ID: #11397024); One Canon NP 6080 (ID: #11397018); One Ricoh 2090 AFICIO (ID: #11396921)
- Spotlight Series: Special meetings of the Attleboro School Committee to promote excellence in the Attleboro schools and strengthen partnerships between the Attleboro school system and the Attleboro community.
- Municipal Council President Frank Cook: President Cook will brief the committee on municipal affairs and take questions from committee members.
- Peter Thacher Elementary School Principal: Superintendent Kenneth Sheehan will announce the appointment of Veronica Learner as the new principal of PTES.
- FY14 Closing Financial Update: Director of Finance and Controller Marc Furtado will brief the committee on the completion of FY14 operations and the resolution of outstanding expenses.
- 2014-2015 School Opening and Enrollment Report: Superintendent Kenneth Sheehan and Assistant Superintendent David Sawyer will present on enrollment figures and information related to the opening of the 2014-2015 school year.
- 2014-15 School Year Professional Development Schedule: Superintendent Kenneth Sheehan and Assistant Superintendent David Sawyer will brief the committee on the scheduling of professional development, parent conferences, and other items related to the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Personnel Report: Assistant Superintendent David Sawyer will present the personnel report.
- Consideration of the proposed athletic trainer contract: Director of Finance and Controller Marc Furtado will present the proposed athletic trainer contract with Houghton Physical Therapy & Sports Conditioning, LLC for the period of August 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017.
Executive Session: The committee will convene in executive session to conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with union personnel. The Committee will not return in public session.