School Committee Agenda
Attleboro School Committee Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance & Notice of Electronic Recording:
AHS students responsible for the construction of the “Buddy Bench” at Willett Elementary School, scheduled to be unveiled on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 9:30AM will be recognized by the school committee.
1. AHS Alumni Association Briefing: Representatives from the AHS Alumni Association will brief the school committee on their successful events of the 2014-2015 academic year and their plans for the 2015-2016 academic year.
2. ASEPAC Annual Report: Officers from the Attleboro Special Education Parents Advisory Council will present their annual report to the school committee, including the results from the Needs Assessment Survey administered during the 2014-2015 academic year.
3. Special Education Update: Consideration of the retention of Special Education advisor reporting to the school committee on both the systemic and discrete challenges facing the Special Education Department.
4. 2015 – 2016 Academic Year Opening: The school committee will receive a briefing on the preparations for the opening of the 2015-2016 academic year, including staffing, enrollment, programming, and transportation issues.
5. Envisioning 2020 Strategic Planning Initiative: The school committee will discuss the one-page summary that will be included in the appendix of the strategic plan.
6. Consideration of recommendation for compensation increase for ABACUS staff.
7. School Committee Scheduling: The school committee will consider the schedule of subcommittee meetings for the first half of the 2015-2016 academic year.
- A motion to accept the donation of 625 pencils and a $150 Gift Card from Home Depot to the Peter Thacher Elementary School for participating in the “Pennies for Patients” fundraising event.
- A motion to accept a donation of one (1) “Go Talk 20+” portable communicator with an original estimated value of $200 from Meera Thakrar for the Early Learning Center at Peter Thacher Elementary School.
- A motion to accept the donation of 100 children’s books to Irvine Studley Elementary School from the Bookworm Foundation with an estimated value of $400.
- A motion to accept the donation in the amount of $12.75 from Coca-Cola Refreshments to Hill-Roberts Elementary School.
- A motion to accept the donation of four (4) cases of paper to each of Attleboro’s five (5) elementary schools and 29 reams of paper for Brennan Middle School.
- A motion to accept the donation of $195 from the City of Attleboro to the Attleboro High School Band.
- A motion to accept the donation of $143.04 from Staples to the Attleboro High School gifts/donation line.
- A motion to declare one (1) undetermined model upright piano and one (1) grand piano at the high school as surplus as they are no longer usable.
10 - School Committee Meeting
17 - School Committee Meeting
24 - School Committee Meeting @ 7:45 PM
31 - School Committee Meeting @ 7:15 PM
14 - School Committee Meeting
28 - School Committee Meeting