Attleboro Public Schools
Attleboro School Committee
Policy and Personnel Subcommittee Meeting
Monday, May 1, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m.
Frances Zito Conference Room - AHS
Notice of Electronic Recording
Action Items: Approval of Minute: 04-04-17
Section J: Section Review:
1. Policy JE: Student Attendance Policy:
· JE-E1: Exhibit A – Notification to
2. Policy JEB: Entrance Age: Should align with MASC (APS: 2004; MASC: 2016)
3. Policy JF: Residency: APS: School Admissions; MASC (APS: 2016; MASC: No Date)
· JF-E1: Proof of Residency Requirements:
4. Policy JFA: Enrollment of Children of Non-Resident Staff Policy: Reviewed: no recommended changes at this time.
5. Policy JFAA: AHS CTE Admissions Policy: Updated
· JFAA-E1: AHS CTE Admission Policy: procedure/protocol recommend removal
· JFAA-E2: Admissions Ranking Sheet: procedure/protocol recommend removal
6. Policy: JFABB: Admission of Exchange Students: Reviewed updated to reflect Residency Policy
7. Policy: JFABC: Admission of Transfer Students: Reviewed: no recommended changes at this time.
8. Policy JICC: Riding on School Buses: APS aligns with MASC: should note date of review
· JICC-R: Rules for Students Riding School Buses: No MASC Regulation:
9. Policy JICFB: Anti-Bullying: APS Policy was reviewed/updated in 2016 with Legal Counsel Input: MASC Policy was from 2013;
10. Policy: JJA: Student Organizations: Align with MASC
11. Policy: JJG: Extra School Sponsored Contests and Fundraising Events: No MASC Policy; should be removed; outdated language; this is procedural.
12. Policy JJIB: Interscholastic Athletics: No APS Policy; Not Recommended for Adoption
13. Policy Exhibit: JJIB-A: APS Head Injury and Concussion: Recommended Re-Designation: to Policy JJIF with edits:
14. Policy Regulation: JJF-R: Athletic Concussion Regulations: Athletic Director does not recommend Adoption
15. Policy JRA: Student Records: APS: 2002 - Align with MASC by editing Legal References;
· JRA-R: Coded not formatted – No MASC: recommend removal
1. ELL Teacher: Proposed Job Description
1. Policy Exhibit: IJND-E1: Empowered Digital Use Student Form
2. Policy Exhibit: IJND-E2: Empowered Digital Use Parent Form
3. Community Survey Update: Rob Geddes